Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Shattered Justice by Susan Furlong Book Review

As a member of Ms. Furlong's review team, I had the opportunity to read and review Shattered Justice.

Brynn continues to struggle with her personal battle of addiction to drugs and alcohol. Remember, Brynn is a Pavee crossing over into the "settled" world, living in Bone Gap. The Pavees have their own system of justice, but Brynn works for the local police department. She is involved in a case where they are only finding certain body parts and they need to find the person responsible, a connection. Brynn also finds herself battling her own emotions over a previous love interest and potentially a current love interest. It's a good read that ties this series together, to its conclusion.

I find Brynn to be a relatable character ... especially the connection she has to Wilco, her dog, both being war veterans. I think anyone who has gone through what Brynn goes through, even though she is a fictional character, will find some hope, some connection. I normally don't find myself emotionally invested in the books I read, but this one ... this one has a ring of truth to it which makes it more enjoyable, at least to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment