Sunday, March 7, 2021

The Sister-In-Law by Pamela Crane Book Review


 

Not my picture. 

As a member of Ms. Crane’s reader team, I received a gifted copy and am providing a review. Publishing August 10, 2021.

I never should start one of Ms. Crane’s books during my 30-minute lunch break. I did and all I wanted to do was keep reading. If given the opportunity, I am quite certain I would have finished this tale in a day or two at the most.

This book has absolutely everything you could want in a psychological thriller, starting out with Ben’s death and it doesn’t stop giving, with seeds of hints along the way. Ben, as it turns out, had secrets of his own. Harper, his wife, carries her own remorse for a tragic accident, yet ultimately she was able to forgive. Harper’s children, Elise and Jackson, are integral parts of this story. Lane, Harper’s brother, carries secrets of his own and is the one to protect Harper no matter what. Their mom is the type of mom who speaks her mind, no matter the consequences. She tells it like it is. Enter Candace, Lane’s new wife after a very brief whirlwind relationship. When Candace enters the picture, she and Harper go at it because they simply do not like each other, Candace because she thought Harper had too much control over Lane, and Harper because she thought Candace was only out to use Lane. All of their lives are intertwined, with all of their dirty little secrets revealed in the end. There is also a great deal of forgiveness included in this story.

I absolutely adore this quote! “House guests were like fish – they were only good for about three days.” Ms. Crane has absolutely filled this story with a lot of imagery and has nailed the descriptions to the absolute nth degree. While I enjoyed “Pretty Ugly Lies” and “Little Deadly Secrets,” they have got nothing on “The Sister-in-Law.” Don’t forget to check out Talia’s short story at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment