Sunday, August 15, 2021

Mother May I by Joshilyn Jackson Book Review


 

Picture from Ms. Jackson’s web site.

I have had a copy of this sitting in my NetGalley account for a while now and why I waited so long to read it, I have no idea. I read “Never Have I Ever” by Ms. Jackson and thought it was good, but hands down “Mother May I” is so much better. Kind of dark, kind of twisted … the kind of thing I like to read. 

The Cabbat family was seemingly happy until the darkest secret possible surfaced. Bree came from poor and humble beginnings in life. She finally met Trey, a rich guy, when she was in college harmlessly strolling through a museum for a theater assignment. They ended up married with three beautiful children. Little did Bree know that Trey was holding a long-lost secret until one day her world fell apart. The path she had to go down to right her world again was a dark one. She had no idea why one of the worst things a mother could endure happened to her, but she soon found out. Enter Marshall, her long-time friend, who also married her best friend, Betsy. (Betsy was a police officer shot in the line of duty.) Little did Bree know Marshall harbored feelings for her that he chose to suppress, but he helped her right her world again.

With all the twistiness, the darkness, the sadness, the happiness, mistakes from the past creeping into the present … this one is sure to keep you reading well past your bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment