Thursday, September 23, 2021

The Neighbors by Hannah Mary McKinnon Book Review


 

I have enjoyed Ms. McKinnon’s writing style ever since I read “Sister Dear,” and “The Neighbors” is no exception.

Have you ever wondered what would happen if your ex moved in next door? Such is the case of Abby and Nate. Abby thought she had done a good job of burying her past and all the secrets that went along with it. Can you imagine having to act like you have just met your neighbor for the first time? Yet, there are some “tells” that are so subtle they start to add up and your spouse starts to become suspicious but thinks he or she must be imagining things.

Two marriages on the brink of collapse. Teen love. A wife wanting the affection she wasn’t getting from her husband. Lies, deceit, affairs, guilt, tragic accidents, a mother and daughter reconciling, troubled relationships between mothers and daughters, animosity between neighbors, the truth finally coming out, a daughter learning how to bury her own truth. I have to admit, I did figure out a couple of things while reading this one, but I found it to be a good read that kept my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment