Sunday, December 25, 2022

Where The Guilty Hide by Annette Dashofy


 

I received a gifted copy and am providing a review. (Not my picture. Publishing January 2023.)

I have never heard of Ms. Dashofy but I am so glad I have now! I look forward to reading more from her. If you’ve never heard of her or read any of her books, I would encourage you to do so. I’m sure, like me, you’ll add her to your list of favorites in no time.

Emma finds herself trying to escape her past, but everywhere she looks she feels like she’s being watched. She ends up hiding out in a campground in Erie, but not only is she trying to escape her past, she is also trying to find her sister, Nell. Nell’s last known residence was in Erie … somewhere. For employment, Emma works as a freelance photographer for a couple of different publications. She is almost out of money when she gets an opportunity to work on a project for a friend of hers, taking pictures for a project he’s working on. Along the way, she finds herself taking a walk along the beach, noticing a yoga class, all the while taking pictures of what catches her eye - the seagulls, the water, the clouds, a pile of trash … or at least it appears to be a pile of trash. Little does she know what would happen after she took that picture. Enter Detective Matthias and his partner. Enter a case of some home invasions, but how are they tied to this picture?

If you like a story that has multiple different story lines that all tie together in the end, this tale is sure to keep you turning the pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment