Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Montana Seal Protector by Debra Parmley Book Review


 

I received this book as a gift.

This is book seven in this seven-book series about the Brotherhood Protectors. This one is the story of Ellen and her journey through the Triple C Ranch and then her life outside of the ranch.

I have to say that, so far, this has been my favorite book of the series. I like the fact that Ellen went through the program and then has an “after story,” if you will, learning that she can have a “normal” life after what she went through.

I also liked learning about Travis and his backstory, how he got his nickname “Ballistic.” And his little boy, how he was coping with his loss and his new life. There is a fight scene, of course, which I enjoyed.

Mortimer has his own story.

This particular book moves along at a good pace and brings into play characters from previous books in the series. While it can be read as a stand-alone, I think reading the other books in the series will help give readers a better sense of the other characters who are named and more of their backstories. The thing about this particular series is that these are short stories, what one might term a novella, so they are perfect for a road trip, a bus trip, or while waiting for an appointment. They pack just enough “heat” to keep turning pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment