Friday, December 5, 2014

Grandma's Rosary

I received the following email from a young lady, Amanda.

"Hi Melissa. I am looking for a very special gift for my 97 year old Grandma. She means the world to me, and I think a handcrafted rosary would do the trick. Her favorite color is green. Have anything in mind?"
 
And she sent me this picture as well ...
 
 
Amanda then went on to post on a couple of green rosaries I have ready to ship, one Utah Jade and the other a simpler green traditional rosary with clover beads.
 
My gut reaction when I read Amanda's original email was "the green onyx." This is what I responded:
 
"I'm just throwing this out there, as this was my gut reaction when I first read your email, I have an awesome green onyx I can put together as well."
 
Our conversation continued. Amanda:
 
"That's my son in the picture with my grandma We drove straight from the hospital after having him to go see my grandma. She is just over the moon having him around...melts my heart! He's now two months old and she just adores him. Everything my grandmother has is Irish, green, or religious related. Having a rosary that combines all three would be so awesome! Thank you so much!"
 
The pictures I sent her.
 


 


Before I create any rosary, I lay out a pattern and send it to my customer for approval. Amanda requested a much simpler crucifix for her grandma.
 
 
 
Amanda picked the crucifix on the far left - "Far left!! Perfect for her. Let's go with the light and dark green onyx! With the clovers. She'll love it."
 
I showed Amanda the bottom part of her grandma's rosary.
 
 
 
After receiving final approval from Amanda, I went ahead and created her grandma's rosary.
 
 
Amanda, thank you for the opportunity to have created this for your awesome grandma!
 
 
If anyone were to ask my why rosaries are my joy, my peace, my passion, I would have to say it's the stories I am honored to hear and be told. It is an honor to be given the opportunity to create something so special.
 
For your own customized rosary visit me here: https://www.facebook.com/melissarosarypage


No comments:

Post a Comment