Monday, October 19, 2020

What's Not Said by Valerie Taylor Book Review

 



I have had my eye on this book since I started seeing posts on Facebook about it. I am also fortunate enough to be connected to Ms. Taylor through one of the many groups on Facebook. I reached out to her to see if she was selling signed copies of her book – turns out she was!

This is a gorgeous book with an entertaining tale inside its pages. Kassie is married to Mike, and their marriage is full of deceit and lies on both sides. Kassie finds out that Mike is sick, something he had been hiding, and is suddenly torn – does she continue with her plan to leave or does she stay to take care of him?

This tale is full of all the elements I personally enjoy and has a lot of realism mixed in. Readers will find themselves connected to and rooting for Kassie, some may even find themselves connected to Mike and rooting for him. There is always a best friend (at least one can hope and be so lucky) … in this case, Annie. There are the secrets that are revealed … even some from Kassie’s mom who has been gone for a year before her attorney gave Kassie her final letter. And another deep-seated secret that comes to the surface.

All in all, I found this a great debut novel (read in one sitting) and look forward to the next one. Well done, Ms. Taylor, well done!


No comments:

Post a Comment