Sunday, November 8, 2020

The Perfect Daughter by D.J. Palmer Book Review

 


Releasing April 2021 (not my picture). 

As a member of Mr. Palmer’s Facebook group, I was able to download an early copy from Net Galley. Publishing in April 2021.

 Penny suffers from dissociative identity disorder (DID) (previously known as multiple personality disorder). Her alters include Eve (the protector), Chloe (the artist), Ruby (the British accent). Through a tragic set of events, Penny ended up in Edgewater, a prison “mental” hospital, where she met Dr. Mitch McHugh. Through Grace’s persistence (Penny’s adoptive mother), Dr. Mitch McHugh, and a few other characters, they were able to work their way through all the “clues” Penny (and her alters) were able to relate to Dr. McHugh to get to the truth. The “bad guy” in this story … you won’t believe who it turns out to be. A good psychological read for sure! 

As a medical transcriptionist, I am very much interested in medical/psychological reads. I have to hand it to Mr. Palmer for taking the time to research this topic. I think he did an incredible job in the telling of this story, making it very real with very relatable characters. If you are like me and enjoy this sort of read, I highly recommend you get your hands on a copy of “The Perfect Daughter.”

No comments:

Post a Comment