Sunday, October 13, 2024

Rain by H.N. Hirsch Book Review


 

I found myself relating more to Marcus in this tale. After all, he was the one who introduced Kenny, one of his students, to Bob, his partner, who happened to be a lawyer.

The premise of this tale is Kenny finding himself in all kinds of legal trouble and not knowing what to do. Bob, though exceptionally busy in his practice, decided to take on Kenny’s case. However, the more he talked to Kenny the more frustrated he got with him. Kenny, as it turns out, didn’t tell Bob everything … naturally, when Bob found out, he’d question Kenny further who still told him half-truths, if that. There was so much more to Kenny than I was expecting. I liked the realism that was portrayed with Kenny not being one hundred percent truthful.

What I really enjoyed about this tale was the courtroom scene near the end of the book. The back-and-forth trying to figure out what happened to the victim, Cathy. And then the verdict, and then the even bigger twist right at the end. That’s what really got my attention, that last final twist.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment