Friday, October 9, 2026

Three Steps Behind by Dani Pettrey Blog Tour and Book Review


 

This is book three in the Jeopardy Falls series.

Things I enjoy about this series:

Jeopardy Falls – a small town with seemingly big-city problems.

Greyson and Riley – their relationship is going strong.

Deckard – he’s the leader of the pack, so to speak, but in this ‘episode’ he is struggling with how he feels about Harper. It makes him ‘real’ and it makes him vulnerable.

Harper – freshly back from Syria and who does she run to for comfort and help when things go south for her?

Christian – he doesn’t play as large of a role in this tale.

Bristol – Deckard, Christian, and Riley’s sister. We finally learn more of her story.

Enter Aubry, the FBI dude who has been chasing Bristol for her past crimes. These two, Aubry and Bristol, made for an interesting read. I suspect book four (sadly, it seems like that will be the last in the series) will reveal more of what’s going on between these two unsuspecting characters.

The other thing I like about this series is the quiet way in which each character, in their own way, seeks God for comfort, even the toughest of the tough of them.

And, since this sort of falls into the romantic suspense category, I like the attraction characters develop between each other, the uncertainty they feel when that happens, and the vulnerability they each have for different reasons. Ultimately, as a reader, I get more caught up in those things than I do the actual ‘crime’ they are trying to solve.

 

Find Ms. Pettrey:

Website: https://www.danipettrey.com/#owm

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DaniPettrey#owm

BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/dani-pettrey#owm

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5275947.Dani_Pettrey#owm

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authordanipettrey/

 

Purchase Links:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0764238507/?bestFormat=true&k=three%20steps%20behind&ref_=nb_sb_ss_w_scx-ent-bk-ww_k1_1_18_de&crid=3BLE4XQVO3V7X&sprefix=three%20steps%20behind

Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/three-steps-behind-dani-pettrey/1148520087?ean=9780764238505

 

 

Interested in your own book tour?

Partners in Crime: https://www.partnersincrimetours.net/

Need a proofreader? I’ve got you covered - https://www.melissaproofs.com/

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! So glad you liked this one! This sounds like a great series!

    ReplyDelete