Sunday, February 20, 2022

Privacy by Nina Sadowsky Book Review


 

I received a gifted copy and am providing a review. Picture provided by Ms. Sadowsky. Publishing June 2022.

I know I have said this before, but one of the cool things about being a reader is discovering new authors. Such is the case with Ms. Sadowsky and the first book I have read by her, Privacy.

I enjoyed this book on my different levels. The characters: Laina the psychiatrist who is trying to solve her patients’ problems and feeling like a failure. Cal Murray, the “cub reporter,” who is always on the search for a bigger, better story to land himself a job as an anchorman. Cop Cal, Cal Murray’s cop friend who gives him tidbits. Laina’s patients themselves who each are faced with their own set of difficulties. Even “creepy scarf guy” adds to this story. Vanessa, Laina’s lawyer and best friend. Bex, Laina’s other best friend. Harley Weida, Laina’s business partner who is harboring a secret all his own that he holds over Laina.

While some of these characters have what you might call “bit” parts, they all lend to making this story relatable, easy to read, and an “oh, I didn’t see that coming” ending.

Ms. Sadowsky also subtly tackles a racial issue in this tale that, unfortunately, still exists today. She handled this eloquently and it only adds to the story with a very subtle message. She even threw in a budding romance!

The thing I enjoyed most about Privacy is the way Ms. Sadowsky dropped clues that led me down a path, only to be diverted to go off in another direction. And the ending? Be sure to get your copy of Privacy when it publishes in June 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment