Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Verity by Colleen Hoover Book Review


 

I have to admit, I don’t understand what all the hype is about. I don’t really know how I feel about this book. I think it is one of those that falls into the category of – you’ll either like it or you won’t.

I think it’s dark. I think it can somehow be considered sexy on some level. It is brutally honest in some spots, though those spots can also be tearjerkers and cause some “how could she do that” moments. It is full of F-bombs, but I think that is appropriate to the context.

I also think it is a good indication of how versatile Ms. Hoover can be as a writer. Not being a writer myself, I don’t know what it takes to come up with good stories. Maybe she is right, in that you have to go to the darker side of oneself to draw out what makes a good character.

I still don’t know how I feel about this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment