Monday, March 28, 2022

The Marriage Lie by Kimberly Belle Book Review


 

I am late to the party on this one. I’ve seen rave reviews about this book all across social media … they aren’t kidding. What a good read! I very rarely read blurbs so I went into this book with no expectations and didn’t even know what it was about other than what the title leads one to believe.

Iris and Will have been happily married for seven years. There is a plane crash. Suddenly Iris’s world has come crashing down around her and she is left to pick up the pieces. At Will’s memorial service, she meets a friend of his, Corban, whom she has never heard of. Iris also has a twin brother, Dave. He won’t let her go gallivanting across the country to find answers, not without him. Dave also doesn’t think it’s a good idea. He thinks Iris should deal with her grief as best as any widow can and start putting her life back together. Iris starts to receive mysterious messages on her phone, but who are they from? While she is in Seattle, she starts to uncover pieces of Will’s life … pieces he never shared with her. The question is why? What led him to be so secretive?

This is certainly a carefully crafted tale with intertwining relationships between all of the characters in this story. I believe Ms. Belle has nailed the portrayal of Iris’s grief and disbelief at finding answers to her questions. While this book published in December 2016, I highly recommend it. It may even be one you put on your shelf to re-read at some point. It will certainly have you turning pages to find out what happens in the end. I know I stayed up past my bedtime to finish it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment