Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Razorblade Tears by S.A. Cosby Book Review


 

I have been wanting to read this book ever since I’ve seen it on social media, and also since I’ve read “Blacktop Wasteland.” At long last … I have now read this book and devoured it in its entirety in two days. Yeah, I thought it was that good.

This is a story of two dads losing their sons. This is a story of two dads finally coming to grips with their sons’ sexuality, of their sons’ happiness with each other. This is a story of a Black man and a white man coming together to find out the truth about what happened to their sons. A story about how it is for a Black man to live in the world (sad to say) and a story of a white man learning how it is to be a Black man. A story of two men who have served time in prison and come out trying to make a better live for themselves. There is so much more going on in this tale.

It is real. It is honest.

Mr. Cosby has a way of describing things in this book that make them all the more real … just like he did in “Blacktop Wasteland.” If you have been wanting to read this book, I highly encourage you to do so. This one is going back on my shelf to be read again.


No comments:

Post a Comment