Monday, March 28, 2022

Layla by Colleen Hoover Book Review


 

I heard a lot about this book through social media outlets and decided to give it a read. What can I say about Layla? Good read! Apparently, this would fall into the paranormal genre, but man what a story Layla has to tell you! I actually found myself chucking in a couple of places with the antics of the spirit portrayed throughout this tale.

Ms. Hoover has done an excellent job of telling the tales of Leeds and Layla. When they first met, it was the traditional love-at-first-sight kind of meeting which neither of them was expecting. The only downside was Leeds was in a band and would be leaving the next day. They actually met at Layla’s sister’s wedding (Aspen is her name) … by the pool of all places. Needless to say, they were inseparable from that day forward. So, not only is the reader entertained with a misplaced spirit but also a love story. And then there’s Sable, Leeds’ ex-girlfriend.

I don’t want to say too much about the story because I don’t want to give any of it away. Suffice it to say, if you like Ms. Hoover’s writing and you like a good paranormal tale, this will fit the bill and then some.

My favorite quote from this book: “Tacos can excuse a lot of bad decisions.” Why yes, yes they can.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment