Thursday, February 22, 2024

The Day I Died by Lori Rader-Day Book Review


 

The premise of this tale is Aiden Ransey gone missing. It turned out to be quite a bit more than I was expecting. This is also the tale of Anna Winger running from her past. There were hints that were continually scattered through the first part of this book which left me wondering what happened in Anna’s past to make her run. I kept wanting to know the answer.

Anna also has a son, Joshua. I was intrigued with Anna and Joshua’s story in that Anna didn’t seem to know how to reach Josh, after all he was just beginning his teenage years. Enter a homework assignment about a family tree. Enter Anna not knowing how to answer his questions.

Also intriguing to me was the fact that Anna didn’t want anyone looking too closely at her for fear of them finding out about her past which would make her want to run again.

This is also a story of hope and forgiveness, a story of family, a story of finally being able to feel safe. After a couple of false starts, I’m glad I was finally able to sit down and give this one a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment