Monday, February 26, 2024

Voices in Blood by G.B. Reese Book Review


 

I received this book as a gift.

A rundown of the characters:

John – the dad. He’s not a nice man and what he did to his children, or at least tried to do, while it made for some interesting reading, it’s not for the faint of heart.

JP – the mild-mannered oldest son. JP is full of conflict between his dad’s beliefs and his own.

Jack – the middle child. He’s the quiet one. The one who gets overlooked.

Julien – the third child, the one who was molded.

Sophia – the mom. Sophia has her own story to tell.

The Panel – the voices.

Cap – the neighbor. We all need someone like Cap in our life. Cap is what I would call a beacon, of sorts, for JP.

This book is dark, probably one of the darkest I’ve ever read, and yet the bizarre family dynamics kept me turning the pages. I have to put trigger warnings on this one – there is a lot of abuse, mental illness, and quite a gruesome scene. If you are squeamish be prepared. In the end, I am left wondering what the final chapter of this family’s story will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment