Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Hidden Pictures by Jason Rekulak Book Review


 

Well, all right then. I have seen differing opinions on this book. I had to read it for myself … I waited until all the hype died down a bit. I liked it!

I liked seeing how the pictures evolved from a child’s drawings to an adult’s drawings. I liked the creepiness of this tale and how it evolved. To be fair, I wasn’t quite sure how I would feel about having drawings in a book, but I think they lent more to the creepiness, probably the intention.

I also liked the fact that Mallory learned things about herself. Being one who likes strong female characters, Mallory fits that description, at least for me. I liked the fact that even given her problems she was given a second chance to make better decisions, a better life, even if it didn’t turn out perfectly.

It is definitely on the creepy side of things, maybe even a bit farfetched, but I am looking forward to this author’s next book.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment