This is book two in the Jonathan Gray, MD, Mystery series.
I like police procedurals, which I would call this one,
along with some medical “stuff” thrown in as I find medicine interesting. I
don’t know what Dr. Gray found himself involved in, in book one, but in book
two he finds himself having to decipher some ciphers (see what I did there?),
but he needs some help. So, he calls in reinforcements. And the person who was
able to help piece the puzzle together? She was a quiet but necessary part of
the story as there are also some relationships thrown in for good measure.
Everyone is afraid that the past is coming to haunt them.
Will they find the answers to the ciphers in time? The whodunnit – that was
unexpected, at least for me.
I thought the setting of this story was interesting … during
Mardi Gras which makes one wonder if the bad guy planned it that way so he
could make his escape in a city so busy with partygoers that he couldn’t be
found?
I also liked the fact that the chapters were titled along
with dates and times to keep the reader centered on the timeline, as sometimes
that gets lost in the shuffle.
It will be interesting to see what Dr. Gray finds himself
involved in next, as I am sure there will be a next. I also think the cover of
this book is quite intriguing, definitely seems like what Mardi Gras would look
like.
Find Mr. Rigg:
Website: https://michaelrigg.com/
Twitter: https://x.com/MDR102030
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/michael.rigg.author
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/michael.rigg716/
BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/michael-rigg
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/70690005.Michael_Rigg
Purchase Links:
Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/shadows-of-frenchmen-michael-rigg/1150217762?ean=9798898202354
Interested in your own book tour?
Partners in Crime: https://www.partnersincrimetours.net/
Need a proofreader? I’ve got you covered - https://www.melissaproofs.com/

Sounds like a fun and interesting book. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete