Release date: August 1, 2026
This is one of my go-to authors no questions asked, and she
absolutely nailed this one. At least, I think so.
Adrianna McMahon was down on her luck as her writing career
was pretty much going nowhere at the moment. She finds herself working in a nut
and fudge shoppe and develops an unexpected friendship with Rebel (Jane James
is her real name), but Rebel just fits this girl for all the right reasons.
Rebel has stumbled across something and decides to ask Adrianna for help under
the guise of wanting to be a writer herself.
Rebel doesn’t show up for work or school and no one, other
than Adrianna, seems to care.
The more Adrianna tries to find Rebel, tries to get help to
find Rebel, the more she discovers as her past collides right into Rebel’s
present. Not to mention some of Adrianna’s actions leading detectives to think
…
I could’ve easily read this book in one setting, I thought
it was that good. It has everything I like in a psychological twister. The past
colliding with the present, but the thread holding everything together? I
didn’t expect that and I probably should have.
I liked the way the author planted some red herrings
throughout these pages, making me think I figured out the whodunnit and then I
went down another path changing my mind. The final reveal … again, I didn’t
expect it and I should have. I also liked the fact that there was family strife
involved for both Adrianna and Rebel, it just made them more realistic and
explained parts of their personalities.
For me, I found this one to be a page turner.

No comments:
Post a Comment