Book three in the Sheriff Bet Rivers Mysteries.
The one thing I like about Bet is that she never gives up … no
matter the consequences. She always hears her dad in the back of her mind.
I also like the fact that in book three she is still coming to
realize what Rob means to her … and how to go about intermingling that
relationship with her job.
Then there is Alma. If you’ve read this series, then you know Alma
is the focal point at the sheriff’s station … keeping everything organized,
everyone on their toes. She is the pulse of the community, knowing things before
Bet even knows things. Everyone needs an Alma.
In this tale, Bet finds herself looking into a body that was found
behind a tent … did this have something to do with Rob ‘allowing’ the carnival
to come to town? Sure, the carnival was good for the economy, but at what cost?
The further she looked for answers the farther down a dark path
Bet went.
And Rob was right by her side, along with her other employees. I
like Rob’s character; he never pushes Bet for more than she can give of herself
and he understands her job is extremely important to her, and Bet understands
the predicament Rob is in between ‘owning’ the town, his job, and his feelings
for Bet.
I enjoy this series because of the relationships that have
developed and the consistency of the characters and also, again, the
never-give-up attitude of Bet. This series is set in a small town with big town
problems, which is something I enjoy in a series.
Find Ms. Taylor:
Website: https://www.elenataylorauthor.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ElenaTaylorAuthor
BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/elena-taylor
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/19494739.Elena_Taylor
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Elena_TaylorAut
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/elenataylorauthor/
Purchase Links:
Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/kill-to-keep-elena-taylor/1149187625?ean=9781448317394
Interested in your own book tour?
Partners in Crime: https://www.partnersincrimetours.net/
Need a proofreader? I’ve got you covered - https://www.melissaproofs.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment