Saturday, August 5, 2023

The Ghostwriter by Alessandra Torre


 

This is my kind of book! I didn’t read the blurb, as is my custom, but the cover and the title grabbed my attention. Plus … you know, the author! I was not disappointed.

The premise of this dark tale is Helena, who happens to be an author, wanting to tell her life story before it’s too late. The kind of book where she tells all, so to speak. In doing so, she hires a ghostwriter for reasons that will become known when you read the book. Not only does she hire Mark Fortune to be her ghostwriter, she also gains from him some things she didn’t think she deserved. Yeah, Helena is pretty messed up, which makes her all the more likable, at least to me. She’s not the kind of person who gets close to anybody and has hermitized herself in life, feeling it’s safer that way.

I highly recommend this book if you like a darkly twisted read with some surprises thrown in along the way.

I definitely look forward to reading more from Ms. Torre - the more twisted, the better!


No comments:

Post a Comment