Saturday, August 5, 2023

All Good People Here by Ashley Flowers Book Review



One of the most enjoyable things about being an avid reader is discovering new authors. This one is no exception and it’s just her debut!

That said, this tale starts off with a familiar story line … or so I thought as it sounded very familiar to something that happened quite a while ago. This one, though, brought in a journalist who was deeply connected to the case, so much so that even though she should let it go, she didn’t. She kept digging and digging for answers and was taken on a path that she least expected. Not to mention, the journalist, Margot Davies, uncovered some truths that she was not expecting. She found her answers, but at what cost?

I do have questions about the ending though. I don’t think it was quite as wrapped up as it could’ve been and the whodunnit who was caught … I’m not so sure about that. I suspect that was the author’s intention. If you’ve read this one, what do you think? This is one of those books you’ll want to put back on the shelf to read again in a year or two.

I look forward to following Ms. Flowers’ career … I hope there’s another book on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment