Friday, December 25, 2020

Too Much - Never Enough by Mary Trump Book Review


To be perfectly honest, I was not going to even post and/or review this book. Then I thought, wait a minute, that's not fair to Ms. Trump. She is deserving of a review just as much as any other author. I did not read this book because I am political ... I am the most non-political person you will ever meet. I read this book simply out of curiosity. I did not even know this book existed until I heard Ms. Trump talking about it on something my husband was listening to. And, she is a PhD, which gives her a deeper understanding of the psychology of people.

I found this to be an interesting read. Normally, when folks write these sorts of books they are done in a rather boring, dry narrative form. While Ms. Trump wrote this in a narrative form, she wrote it such that it is not just spewing facts and figures at the reader, rather it is a story that captures the reader's attention, at least it did mine, so much so that I read it in one sitting. It is written such that one almost begins to feel "sorry" for Donald Trump ... I said almost.

While it can probably be said that our upbringing defines the person we become, I don't think that is always true. I truly believe that if we know what we are doing is wrong, we can change those things. Unfortunately, for Donald Trump, no one ever took the time to correct his bad behavior, his parents seemed to be absent (though present) in his life, he apparently never learned the difference between good behavior and bad behavior. No, this does not excuse anything he has done as an adult; it does, however, tend to explain quite a bit. How can a 4-year-old know right from wrong if he is never taught by anyone?

Again, I read this book because of the psychology involved and my own personal interest, not because of any sort of political interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment