Friday, December 25, 2020

You Can Trust Me by Emma Rowley Book Review


 

Not my picture. 

I was able to download an early copy to read via Net Galley. 

The first half of this story is told in the voice of Nicky Wilson, a ghostwriter. She finally received the email she had been waiting for and off she went to spend a week with Olivia, an online lifestyle influencer. Olivia, her book’s subject, did not seem to be very forthcoming so Nicky went in search of the answers she was looking for. 

The second half of this book is told in the voice of Olivia Hayes. Olivia was not very forthcoming about her life for Nicky which led Nicky to seek out answers on her own. Olivia knew she was going to be “found out” at some point and she didn’t want that to happen. The question is – what did she do about it? 

What I liked about this book: I like the fact that Ms. Rowley took a seemingly “boring” subject, that of a ghostwriter, and turned it into something more. This is definitely a book that you cannot judge by its cover. There is a twist in the second half that is totally unexpected. 

Who this book would appeal to: Anyone who likes a good page turner. I definitely would have finished this book sooner if I didn’t have to work. 

What I didn’t like about this book: Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment