Sunday, December 20, 2020

Whisper Island by Carissa Ann Lynch Book Review


I had the opportunity to read an early review copy of Whisper Island via Net Galley. (Not my picture.) 

This story is told in the voices of Mia, Scarlett, Riley, and Sammy, four young women who met in college, seemingly drawn together through their art. There are a couple of added voices, those of Rob and Opal, as well. What better way to escape the secrets of your past than to take an opportunity to go to Whisper Island? Who would think that such an amazing sounding trip would end up in such tragedy?

What I liked about this book: Ms. Lynch’s uncanny ability to lace clues all throughout each chapter, leading the reader to keep turning pages. 

Who this book would appeal to: Anyone who likes a tale shrouded in mystery and is enjoying reading as Ms. Lynch continues to entertain us with her writing ability, each book seemingly better than the last. (My favorite still holds at She Lied She Died, newly released December 2020).

What I didn’t like about this book: Nothing, other than the fact I couldn’t read it in one sitting as I do have to sleep at some point!

I look forward to Ms. Lynch’s next book! I truly am impressed at her ability to hone her skill in storytelling. Another good read! Publishing February 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment