Sunday, June 30, 2024

Cold Lies by Bethany Dvilinskas Book Review


 

One thing about being a reader, as I’ve mentioned before, is finding new authors. I really like this cover.

I’m sad though. I have to be honest … this story had so much promise; it’s a good storyline with Sutton Romello being a detective, being injured, being put on desk duty, being assigned a 20-year-old cold case. I’m sad because I wish the author would have taken a bit more time to edit her story, to bring it an over-the-top wow factor. I will read more by her because I’d like to see how she evolves as a writer.

I like strong female characters and Sutton fits that character role very well, as do the other female characters in Lexie, Sutton’s partner (though Lexie is a bit overprotective); Natalie, Lexie’s boss. It was interesting to me how this particular 20-year-old case overlapped into these ladies’ present-day lives. Again … I like the idea of the storyline; it just needs polishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment