Sunday, June 2, 2024

Lock Every Door by Riley Sager Book Review


 

This is the second book I’ve read by this author, the first being Final Girls. I’d been seeing this pink cover floating around on social media and had to give it a go. While I preferred Final Girls, I was intrigued by the story line in Lock Every Door … the title alone made me wonder, why does someone have to lock every door?

Well, after visiting the Bartholomew, I found out why.

The premise is Jules answering a random ad to be an apartment sitter. Low and behold – she gets the job. And who wouldn’t take it for twelve grand? All she had to do was stay for three months. Could she?

The thing is she had to cut herself off from everyone in the ‘outside’ world. Her best friend thought she was a bit crazy to take the job, because … why couldn’t she even have visitors? Come to find out, there is much more to the Bartholomew than met the eye of any outsider.

I definitely appreciated the ‘creep’ factor to the Bartholomew. There was almost a ghostiness to the tale of horror that unfolds, the secrets revealed. People at the Bartholomew were there for very sinister reasons. I think if you like a good creepy, maybe keep you awake at night read, you could give this one a shot. I will definitely read more of this author’s work as I am intrigued by his writing style and storylines.

No comments:

Post a Comment